Role description: Agency Marketing Manager
The Agency Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring that the agency works as hard marketing its own brand as it does in marketing its clients’ brands. By doing a better job of marketing, the agency won’t have to work as hard at selling.
- Insures that the agency web site is constantly refreshed and updated with information, examples, case studies, biographies, etc.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a current digital library of the agency’s best work.
- Constantly updates and maintains both offline and online directory listings, including agency-specific directories, business directories, paid listing services, and those hosted by agency search consultancies.
- Identifies and coordinates online advertising opportunities on appropriate websites, blogs, etc.
- Orchestrates the development of proposals, RFP responses and new business presentations.
- Recommends and develops ways for the agency to share its intellectual capital with current and prospective clients, such as agency-sponsored seminars, white papers, POV pieces, etc.
- Working with appropriate public relations professionals regularly identifies opportunities to publicize the agency (new clients, new people, new work, etc.).
- Spearheads entries in industry competitions and award shows (not just within advertising and marketing, but in client-specific industries and categories, and general business competitions.
- Seeks out and coordinates speaking opportunities for the CEO and other agency executives.
- Oversees an online search optimization program for the agency, including tagging content and identifying keywords to be used in paid and organic search.
- Identifies, secures and manages URLs for landing pages that can be used by the agency.
- Actively monitors online mentions and reputation of the agency and responds appropriately on the agency’s behalf.
- Regularly reads and posts to appropriate blogs and publications. Fosters relationships with relevant bloggers and online publishers on behalf of the agency brand.
- Authors or coordinates letters to the editor for selected offline and online publications.
- Builds and maintains a permission-based list of prospects and influencers and sends appropriate periodic e-mailings and mailings.
- Develops and maintains agency profile pages on Facebook, Linked In, AgencyScoop, and other appropriate social networks.
- Maximizes the agency’s online presence by proactively posting agency materials, videos, photos, podcasts, etc. on sites such as YouTube, iTunes, Flickr, SlideShare, Screencast, etc. Where possible, creates agency channels on these sites (as is possible on sites like YouTube and Screencast).
- Creates a positive presence for the agency on website that are influential in attracting and recruiting top talent, such as Talent Zoo,
- Measures and refines the agency’s online presence using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Technorati, etc. and monitors the success of the agency’s social media program through the use of third-party applications such as Radian6, Social Mention, Trackur, etc.
Questions or feedback? Contact us.
Copyright © 2011 Ignition Consulting Group, Inc. Terms of Service